G Suite Add-ons
Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning, The 30 Goals Challenge, or Learning to Go. Ask me about training your teachers, ShellyTerrell@gmail.com!
G Suite (Google Drive, Docs, Forms, Slides, Sheets) has many incredible features to support students and teachers. Have you discovered the powerful features of G Suite's Add-ons? You can quickly accomplish so many time consuming tasks, such as grading, assessment, providing feedback, research, creating spreadsheets, and more! Students can use Add-ons to enhance their academic projects, productivity, research skills, critical reading, and academic writing. Add-ons assist students with annotation, peer editing, grammar, citations, note-taking, and much more. Below is a slide presentation (download for free) and bookmarks to get you started.
Add-ons for Google Docs
- Grackle Marks helps students annotate, note-take, and peer edit work. You have access to quick highlighting and commenting.
- Grade Proof AI is a basic grammar and spelling check that identifies some errors. No grammar check really catches all errors, but this one does a good job of identifying and explaining the error. Students decide to fix the errors with the recommendations.
- MLA Formatting- Students no longer need to struggle with MLA format. This add-on automatically format their papers into MLA format.
- Mindmeister- Quickly turn any bulleted list into a mind map.
- Word Cloud Generator- Quickly create word clouds with the text in any Google Doc.
- URL Shortener- Quickly create a short url for any document, spreadsheet, or form.
- DocuTube- Do you like to create video lessons or flip instruction? Any YouTube video link in your document will play in the sidebar. You never have to leave the Google Doc with the questions, notes, or activities.
- DocAssist- Create rubrics for student work in Google Docs and easily grade with a rubric. Add text or audio comments. Students receive a pdf with these comments.
- Business Hangouts- Create a quick video chat for any Google Doc to aid in the collaboration of global collaboration projects or group work.
- Template Gallery- Access tons of templates for creating schedules, calendars, grading, and so much more.
- FormMule- send the same email to 100 parents or students at once from a Google Sheet. Use templates with html tags to personalize each email with names, grades, links, feedback, etc.
- QR Code Maker- quick way to create a QR code for your form.
- Form Limiter- shuts off a Google Form after a max number of responses, at a date and time, or when a spreadsheet cell equals a value.
Find the tools listed above and many more resources in the bookmarks below.