“The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” - Lady Bird Johnson
ENJOYED THESE FINDS? GET YOUR COPY OF THE 30 GOALS FOR TEACHERS OR LEARNING TO GO WITH DIGITAL & MOBILE ACTIVITIES!
Earth Day is April 22nd. Below discover activities, resources, education technology, mobile apps, and more to get your students to take better care of the earth.
- Play Games!
- Planet Pals has coloring pages, interactive games, online puzzles, articles, journals, crafts, stories, virtual cards and more!
- Primary Games has several online games for students to learn about Earth Day
- The BBC's Barnaby Bear teaches kids how to recyle with this online game
- Starfall has a listening activity and interactive games for very young learners
- Lessons, Projects & Classroom Resources
- The National Education Association has a K-5 Earth Day curriculum
- The EPA has activities, lesson plans, community projects, videos, and more
- Find Google Earth Lesson Plans and Projects here
- Readwritethink.org has Earth Day interactives for children
- PBS Nature has videos for students with discussion questions and teaching tips
- The Science Museum has an interactive mind map about climate change
- The BBC introduces learners to Earth's most pressing issues
- The American Museum of Natural History's Ecology Disrupted section has lesson plans and resources, including a database of teacher created case studies. Also, check out their Antartica curriculum resources.
- Get them to reflect on their impact!
- Visit a guest expert physically or virtually!
- Microsoft has 81 ecological experts to Skype for free. Just do a search for Earth day.
- Learn about the environment through virtual field trips!
- Take a virtual reality field trip with Google Cardboard!
- The Google Cardboard app for iOS and Android has different virtual reality adventures to explore nature and the world
- The NY Times has two virtual reality nature and environment experiences
- Teachers can sign up for Google Expeditions and take their students on virtual reality field trips around the world
- Create posters to save the earth with Smore, Canva, EduBuncee, Tackk, Biteslides, and Glogster.
- Create an Earth Day PSA (Public Service Announcement)! Find video resources here!
- Host a student film viewing party!
- Share environmental issues for a specific region with the Tellagami app