I've been teaching English learners for nearly 20 years in over 20 countries. I have a Masters in Curriculum Instruction ESL and earned my CELTA certification while teaching refugees in Athens, Greece. Currently, I am an ESL Specialist for the US Embassy and Georgetown University, as well as, the Social Media Manager for American TESOL. I also blog for ESL Library and have organized MOOCs for INTEF/EducaLab. Below find several resources from my 100+ presentations for teaching English learners.
Learn with me in my accredited online graduate course, Methodologies and Best Practices for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages! Click here for the In-service course link and here for the Graduate course link.
- Culturally Diverse Teaching
- Using Technology to Support English Learners
- Adapt the Textbook
- Business English
- Global Collaboration Activities and Projects
- Mobile Learning with English Learners
- Music to Motivate Language Learners
- Pronunciation Resources for Young Learners
- Reading Strategies
- Teaching Teenage English Learners
- Teaching Language Learners with Twitter
- Writing Strategies and Tips
- Connecting with English Teachers Online (PLNs)