"History cannot give us a program for the future, but it can give us a fuller understanding of ourselves, and of our common humanity, so that we can better face the future." - Robert Penn Warren
Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning, The 30 Goals Challenge, or Learning to Go. Ask me about training your teachers, ShellyTerrell@gmail.com!
One way for learners to reflect on the past is by creating a personal timeline of the important events of the past year. Learners can also create timelines to document their lives, family history, or examine a famous person's life. The following free web tools will help learners design multimedia timelines.
- Read Write Think walks students through the definition of a timeline and creating their own. Find more lessons and interactives for creating timelines here, including a lesson on creating a family timeline.
- Tiki-Toki is a web tool for creating beautifully animated 3D timelines with images, text, and colorful backgrounds. Embed on a website.
- Timetoast is a web tool for creating timelines with images and text description. Embed the animated timeline on a website.
- Timeglider is another web tool for creating timelines with images and text and legends.
- Sutori is a web tool for creating a timeline with pdfs, images, and video.
- Capzles is a web tool and iOS app for creating a timeline with pdfs, images, and video.
- Myhistro is a web tool and iOS app for creating a timeline with a map.
- Timeline JS is a web tool to create a timeline with a spreadsheet. Add images and embed soundclips from Soundcloud.