Distance Learning Zen
Zen-Relaxed and not worrying about things that you cannot change. - Cambridge Dictionary
💡Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!
Distance learning has transformed the routines and lives of all stakeholders- students, families, and educators. How do we find some peace? Below are slides, tips, and copyable free resources to help you reduce stress and find some balance. In the Google Slide below click on the headings or images to visit that resource.
Tips and Resources
- Focus on the victories
- Positive self-talk
- Cultivate relationships
- Student virtual check-ins Teacherrebootcamp.com/virtualcheckins
- ✋🏾 Five Finger Student Check-in- 5 🤩- I feel fantastic and excited about learning 4 😃- I feel happy and ready to learn 3 🙂- I feel okay and open to learning 2 🙁- I feel unfocused or tired 1 🤢- I feel bad and don’t want to be here
- Presentation By Benjamin Friesen, @benjaminfriesen
- Make wellness and well-being a priority- ✔ Create your Zen ✔ Be active ✔ Take breaks ✔ Get some fresh air ✔ Model well-being for your students
- Self-regulation coping strategies students can use at school poster
- Establish routines and schedules
- Feel free to copy and edit this one
- Tip! Edit your notiﬁcations
- Be ﬂexible
- It takes a village to raise a child- ✔ Co-teach and collaborate ✔ Guest speakers ✔ Mystery classroom visits ✔ Let family members volunteer ✔ Invite parents ✔ Let the students teach
- Zen Design- ✔ K.I.SS Keep it short and simple ✔ Less is more ✔ Give meaningful choices ✔ Make it visually engaging ✔ Create clear and concise instructions ✔ Provide visual guides and tutorials
- Take, remix, copy and share!
- Lesson Plans, Units, and Student Choice Menus to copy and edit as you wish! Click this Wakelet to get copies
- Menu Choice Board by @ABfromZ
- Tic-Tac-Toe Choice Menu by ShakeUpLearning
- Change your environment
- Have fun and be bold!