Student Voice, Accessibility and Engagement with Microsoft Education
"Learn with great passion. Learn with great enthusiasm." - Lailah Gifty Akita
Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning, The 30 Goals Challenge, or Learning to Go. Ask me about training your teachers, ShellyTerrell@gmail.com!
Microsoft Education has many free incredible apps and tools that work on any device to help you support all learners and increase accessibility. Microsoft Education products also engage students in fun ways and make it fun and easy to promote student voice and creativity. Microsoft Education's Immersive Reader is the tool I am most excited about. Immersive Reader is a free powerful literacy tool that is transforming education by providing students with features to help them become stronger readers and writers. You must check out this tool if you haven't already, because it is definitely a game changer! In addition, Immersive Reader is now being integrated into various popular free third party apps, such as Minecraft Edu, Buncee, Flipgrid, Thinglink, Nearpod, etc.
Keep updated with Microsoft Education tips and resources by following these hashtags and Twitter accounts!
Tips and News
- If you want to keep current with Microsoft Education updates follow the hashtags #MicrosoftEDU, #MIEExpert, #Office365, #MSFTEduChat and #MicrosoftTeams. Follow these Twitter accounts- @MicrosoftEDU, @Hacking_STEM, and @mtholfsen.
- You might also want to follow these hashtags and Twitter accounts to learn more about these specific Microsoft products- @OneNoteEDU, #OneNote, @Flipgrid, #FlipgridFever, @SkypeClassroom, #SkypeClassroom, #Skype2Learn, #MinecraftEdu, and @PlayCraftLearn.
- Popular Microsoft Education products to promote student voice, creativity and collaboration include Office 365, Flipgrid, Skype Classroom, Minecraft Education, and OneNote.
- Minecraft Edu and third party apps have now added the powerful literacy tool, Immersive Reader, right into their products.
- The Flipgrid video camera will be the default video recording tool in OneNote to allow students to record and embed videos.
- Teachers and students will be able to login and use Office365 apps with their Google accounts.
- Immersive Reader will be available for the full captioned transcript of every Flipgrid video response.
- Update your apps and try Flipgrid AR! Scan QR codes and videos are shared in AR. Find out about more recent Flipgrid updates here.
- Presenter Coach is a new Powerpoint feature that allows students to enter rehearsal mode and receive on-screen guidance about pacing, inclusive language, conciseness of language, profanity, filler words, and originality as they speak into a microphone. Check out this post and video for more details.
- Skype Classroom is getting an update in the fall with easier searching and filtering.