Vision Boards and Goal-Setting
"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." – Japanese Proverb
Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning, The 30 Goals Challenge, or Learning to Go. Ask me about training your teachers, ShellyTerrell@gmail.com!
The New Year is the time we set goals, but accomplishing goals isn't such an easy task for anyone, especially students. One of the goals in my book, The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators: Small Steps to Transform Your Teaching, is for teachers and students to create vision boards to help them accomplish goals they set. Vision boards are basically collages of inspirational people, quotes, and visuals representing personal goals. Extremely successful people swear by them. Below is an example vision board created by one of my students using Buncee. This is a free Buncee template I created for any teacher or student to copy and edit as they wish! Students are asked to establish academic goals, personal goals, and ultimate life goals. Below, are a list of additional free web tools and apps for creating vision boards with a few examples.
Suggested Web Tools
- Buncee- educational web tool and iOS app where students add digital content (free images, audio clips, YouTube video, videos, voice recordings, stickers, etc.) to a board to create presentations, collages, posters, and so forth.
- Padlet is another way to create a vision board or set goals with learners. Check out this example of my class goals here and an inspiration board here!
- Pinterest- free and popular curation web tool, iOS/Android app, and bookmarklet to easily pin inspiring posts, documents, videos, and images to a board.
- Canva- web tool and iPad app with a free library of stock images, stickers, and graphics.
- EduGlogster- web tool and app that allows students to combine their own images, graphics, audio, video and text to create a multimedia scrapbook.
- Smore- web tool to create digital flyers with videos, icons, and images. Some teachers have used this web tool to create infographics.
- Pic-Collage- iOS/Android app for creating visual collages that can include video. Also, find a library of stickers, frames, and templates.
- VisionBoard.cc- Chrome extension to create a vision board and set it as a homepage.
- Google Draw is another option, but you have less options than the other web tools mentioned.